24 Dec Features of a Fine 5-Star Game Lodge
Features of a Fine 5-Star Game Lodge
Worldwide, any establishment that boasts 5 stars is a sought-after leader in its industry. Before an official 5-star rating or grading is awarded, four lesser grades must be surpassed in a host of categories and competitive aspects, luxury and exclusivity being two features that help to determine such criteria.
Vitally Important Role of Star Grading
In South Africa, the official hospitality grading is done by the TGCSA – the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa, which ensures that the grading criteria and ratings, which they accord to accommodation establishments in the hospitality industry, are on par with those elsewhere in the world.
Failure to do so would render their star grading futile and useless, since tourists and those who rely on official ratings could not trust the source and its vital information about accommodation standards versus their expectations and requirements.
Fifty Seven Waterberg
Our 5-star game lodge, Fifty Seven Waterberg, is so named because when our portion of the Welgevonden Private Game Reserve – our home – was allocated to us, it so happened to be the 57th part of the 35 000 hectare of land that makes up Welgevonden’s territory.
Initially, and for a number of years, our lodge accommodated a total number of ten adult guests at a single time, in five, 5-star privately secluded, luxury thatched chalets. Thatch has almost always been a favourite and traditional bushveld roofing material for buildings, because it blends in with natural surroundings, and additionally, thatch offers excellent insulation from heat in the summertime and the cold during chilly winter months and nights.
Five additional accommodation suites have been added to our establishment recently. Although our policy is ensuring that our guest accommodation units remain entirely private, these five new suites are modern and fine, 5-star examples of how the latest architectural trends in creating cutting-edge stylish spaces are still able to blend seamlessly into natural bushveld surroundings, each with its own, unique game lodge ambience.
5-Star Luxury Game Lodge Features
- The lodge features five classic and four luxury suites, plus one honeymoon suite. Nonetheless, all comply with or exceed 5-star luxury standards that apply to lodges, as per the TGCSA
- Each room is super-spacious, measuring a minimum of 80 m2
- The flow from inside to outside and vice versa, via a private deck or patio, is seamless and breathtaking in its beauty and extent
- Every suite is furnished and decorated to the highest standard, simple and effective, but totally tasteful, elegant, and comfortable, in keeping with our 5-star luxury standards
- The restful, natural colours of Africa are reflected in the suites’ furnishings and décor elements, as well as throughout the main game lodge buildings, enhancing that indoor/outdoor flow and the sensation of being at one with nature and her wildlife around the lodge
- Cuisine is a delectable delight for all the senses that makes fine dining a sensational 5-star affair. Rates includes three main meals per day
- Daily game drives – early morning and late afternoon/evening – accompanied by a knowledgeable, experienced ranger in our open viewing vehicle, to see the Big 5, their friends, and foes
In our outdoor game lodge boma, cosily semi-enclosed by an African reed palisade, you will count many more than 5 stars in the dark nighttime African sky. However, we would prefer you to experience the delights of Welgevonden and Fifty Seven Waterberg for yourself.