07 May Casual Kit Meets Luxury at Private Waterberg Game Lodge
Casual Kit Meets Luxury at Private Waterberg Game Lodge
By its very nature, and providing it is officially inspected, assessed, and graded accordingly by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (the body tasked with this important function that, in part, helps to promote tourism in this country) a game lodge is expected to be somewhat luxurious.
Purpose of Obtaining Lodge Grading
The Council’s carefully researched, prescribed criteria permit or prohibit an accommodation establishment in a wildlife area to call itself a “lodge” (or not). If the lodge in question is private, which most are, luxury and exclusivity are part of the establishment’s features.
A Few Game Lodge Criteria
Some of the extensively listed TGCSA luxury private game lodge criteria in South Africa are by no means limited to, but include the following features:
- The game lodge must be situated in an unspoiled natural environment. A garden setting does not qualify as a relevant natural environment. Ideally, a game lodge should be situated well away from other buildings and signs of human occupation.
- It must overlook its natural surroundings that offer scenic views of nature and natural features and landscapes.
- Provide one or more competently guided safari activities, notably game viewing drives.
- Wild animals must roam freely in their preferred natural, indigenous habitat – the private game reserve area surrounding the game lodge. Only endangered species and animals involved in breeding programmes may be held in spacious enclosed areas, also in terrain in which they would normally and naturally occur.
- If the private game lodge indicates that certain species occur and may be seen by visitors within the lodge’s wildlife territory, guests should have a reasonable likelihood or chance to see them in their natural habitat.
- Guest rooms must have private en suite bathroom facilities.
- Daily housekeeping services and cleaning of guests’ rooms, seven days per week.
- A guest dining room and guest lounge are to be included in communal guest facilities – a minimum requirement.
- Meals must be provided, and beverages should be available, and may be included or excluded in accommodation tariff.
- A game lodge host, manager, or representative must be contactable at all times, every day, 24-hours per day
Five-Star Luxury Private Game Lodge
Our five-star private luxury game lodge was formerly known as Molenvliet, but is now known as the highly regarded Fifty Seven Waterberg. Our location and home is Welgevonden Private Game Reserve, a 35 000 hectare wildlife sanctuary, which forms part of the UNESCO proclaimed Waterberg Biosphere Reserve. At Fifty Seven Waterberg, we uphold and even exceed all the criteria for five-star private luxury game lodge accommodation and service.
Additional Lodge Luxury for Busy Bodies
If you are a busy body, tied up daily by the expectations and responsibilities of the stressful, hectically busy corporate or executive world, there is no better luxury than forgetting about all aspects of work for a while. This means relaxing, unwinding, deciding how to spend your very own time, and dressing down in comfy casual clothes that do not ever see the inside of a boardroom.
Pack light, for casual comfort, to stay at our luxury private game lodge. Include a few warm clothes for chilly early morning game drives, sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat, a swimsuit, binoculars and a camera, a pair of closed shoes, and yourself.