28 Feb 5 Star Game Lodges and Accommodation
A Few Facts about a Fine 5-Star Lodge
When asked what they missed most about South Africa while they were abroad, countrymen/women will refer to the vast African sky. In summer, it’s the most incredible shade of deep, bright blue during the day, unless it’s overcast, and the skyline seems to go on forever.
At night, in any season, the canopy of stars above is breathtaking, becoming brighter and brighter the further one moves away from well-lit cities and human settlements.
Waterberg – Where the Stars are even Brighter
In the Waterberg, where there’s hardly any air pollution or interference from large clusters of artificial light, the starry night sky puts on a display that must be seen to be believed, especially when one is staying overnight at our exclusive game lodge in this pristine bushveld region.
Our Very Own Stars
However, the stars in the sky aren’t the only stars at Fifty Seven Waterberg, our fine game lodge. While we cannot lay claim to owning the stars in the sky, because they simultaneously belong to everyone and no one at all, we have our very own stars – 5 of them, to be precise.
Fifty Seven Waterberg is a world-class, private 5-star game lodge, offering super luxurious accommodation and a guest experience that meets and even surpasses our 5-star grading, awarded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa.
Five Features Again
In order to preserve exclusivity, privacy, tranquillity, outstanding personal service levels and a premium guest experience, our game lodge’s guest accommodation only consists of 5 individual suites. In this respect – plus the presence of the Big 5 – the recurring number 5 is purely coincidental, although necessary for the reasons stated.
Thatched suites are reached via slightly raised pathways, neatly finished with wooden decking materials. Within and without, they reflect hues and textures of Africa, tastefully combined to ensure sheer luxury. This is what you can expect from our lodge:
- Spacious suites occupy at least 80 square metres, while the extent of our surrounding bushveld terrain is 35 000 hectares, part of the Welgevonden Game Reserve.
- The terrain is part of the Waterberg Biosphere Reserve, which became a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2001.
- The Big 5 and umpteen other species may be encountered up close during inclusive guided early morning and evening game drives.
- All gourmet meals and select drinks are included in our remarkably competitive tariff
- Views from your private patio, the main lodge’s deck and infinity pool seem to extend forever across the wonderful wild bushveld.
Waterberg is malaria free, enabling our guests to count the stars in the sky to their hearts’ content, secure in the knowledge that any mozzies they encounter are harmless. We look forward to adding our 5 stars to your collection and invite you to book your next bushveld break at our private game lodge.