26 Feb Come to Welgevonden and Let Luxury Find You
Come to Welgevonden and Let Luxury Find You
In the heart of the Welgevonden Game Reserve, on the 57th portion of this reserve – you’ll find our exclusive 5-star game lodge, Fifty Seven Waterberg, where our guest accommodation and amenities are unashamedly luxurious, but never excessive.
Descriptions such as “the very essence of elegant, sophisticated yet understated luxury” are entirely accurate. Even so, we have been careful to pay homage to the mighty African continent which inspires various and numerous aspects of our décor elements.
Discreet, Private Location
Our luxury guest accommodation consists of five individually designed, private “stand-alone” guest suites, each located a discreet distance away from its neighbours and the main lodge buildings. All the structures at Fifty Seven Waterberg are surrounded by Welgevonden’s verdant natural bushveld vegetation, the habitat of the abundant wildlife and diverse species that are the permanent inhabitants of Welgevonden Game Reserve.
Fifty Seven Waterberg’s bushveld home, Welgevonden, and its domicile, the Waterberg region of Limpopo in South Africa, are evident in:
- the gleaming floors in each spacious suite and the main lodge’s interior spaces
- wood-framed windows and sliding doors
- timber-decked balconies, flowing outdoor raised extensions and pool decks
- subtle use of natural reed screens to imperceptibly enhance a sense of intimacy and privacy
- dramatic dark wood interior décor elements, such headboards, furniture, cabinetry and mirror frames
- textured timber roof beams
- greying thatched roofs which seem to peek out shyly from surrounding trees
- wooden Venetian blinds, only where needed
- the tones, shades, hues and colours that speak of Africa.
- a seamless flow from interior spaces to exterior areas and vice versa – you are right in the midst of the wilderness without sacrificing a moment of your own comfort and luxury, as provided by your accommodation and related facilities.
At Fifty Seven Waterberg’s lodge, the luxury suites are more spacious than the entire extent of many a modern urban townhouse. The minimum size of each spacious room is at least 80 square metres, a large space which is further enhanced by the addition of windows and full-length glass sliding doors, offering stunning bushveld views of Welgevonden in virtually every direction.
What could be more luxurious than gently falling asleep at night in a comfy king-sized bed, in the heart of a breathtaking game reserve, accompanied by the sounds of Africa’s nocturnal creatures? Rested and refreshed, our guests awaken again in the fresh morning air when the African sun tells our host of feathered friends that it’s time to announce the dawning of a new day.
There are actually many more luxuries to be enjoyed and precious memories to be made at Welgevonden, particularly if you arrange your accommodation at Fifty Seven Waterberg. See you soon.