10 May A Warm Welcome to our Welgevonden Private Game Lodge
A Warm Welcome to our Welgevonden Private Game Lodge
Private game lodges, which offer accommodation to nature loving guests, are the latest additions that enhance visitors’ game reserve experiences to a significant extent, far superior to what was previously available in and at most game parks, reserves and game farms.
The renowned Kruger National Park now has certain sections which are designated as private reserves, inclusive of private game lodges for guests who want or expect a superior bushveld experience and luxurious standards of accommodation and service. Even though our private game lodge, Fifty Seven Waterberg, isn’t situated among the Kruger Park’s exclusive establishments, we do offer those seeking the private game safari experience a lot…
Private Lodge in Welgevonden Game Reserve
The wondrous Welgevonden Private Game Reserve is home to Fifty Seven Waterberg. Although both Welgevonden and part of the Kruger are in South Africa’s Limpopo Province, there are marked differences.
- Welgevonden is part of the Waterberg Biosphere Reserve, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, as declared in 2001.
- The Waterberg and Welgevonden’s unique biodiversity and breathtaking beauty is extensive and unparalleled. This applies to fauna, flora, bird life, landscapes, and terrain.
- As indicated by the name of the region, the Waterberg is verdant and water rich, especially by African standards, because this is a dry continent, with certain exceptions.
- Welgevonden and its luxury private game lodges are not over-exploited, but remain naturally pristine.
- Guest numbers at Fifty Seven Waterberg are limited to 10 adults at any given time, thereby helping to preserve the game reserve’s integrity and natural state.
- Morning and evening guided game drives take our guests as close as is safely possible to our wild animals, which are not particularly skittish, afraid of human beings or disturbed by their presence, having never been hunted at Welgevonden. There is a very good chance of seeing game species that are notoriously shy and difficult to spot, because they prefer to remain undetected and hidden
- Peace and tranquillity reign in Welgevonden and at Fifty Seven – perfect places at which to relax, unwind and enjoy 5-star luxury.
Accommodation Suites and Amenities
A minimum of 80 square metres is allocated to each private, thatched lodge suite at Fifty Seven Waterberg. All the suites and main lodge buildings were designed in accordance with Welgevonden’s strict building codes; game lodges and individual, private suites here blend into the surrounding bushveld.
As expected from a 5-star luxury game lodge in Welgevonden, our guests want for nothing – from sincerely warm South African hospitality to delectable fine dining, discreet personal service, luxurious amenities, and nature in all its abundance and beauty.